How can I turn this into something eye pleasing?

+5
I have had this in front of my bay window. I right now use it to keep the radio/record player/CD player on it. But I hate the look of it. I am a professional carpenter and seen all kind of your make overs. The only vision I see is taking it to the dump. Any suggestions
q how can i turn this into something eye pleasing
I just use it for the record plater on top. It has junk on top because the Christmas tree won top dollar for the bay window. Fix or junk?
  • Patricia Gregory Seals Patricia Gregory Seals on Jan 07, 2018
    I have one with doors and shelves. It is sturdy enough to sit on. I am going to paint it, put a cushion on top and use it in the garage or laundry room to take off boots and shoes. You could put a back on it with hooks so you can hang coats and sweaters!

• Cristine Schwartzberg Cristine Schwartzberg on Jan 07, 2018
    If that is real wood, why not strip it down to natural and stain a color of your choosing. If it is laminate, determine where you need shelving and paint to match the colors of that room. If painted the same color as the wall, it could visually disappear into the wall while providing needed shelving.

• Christierei Christierei on Jan 07, 2018
    I would get rid of the curved portions in the front and make it a box / rectangle. Then add doors for covered storage on the bottom. Painting it white is not a bad idea at all.

• Shoshana Shoshana on Jan 08, 2018
    I would paint and decoupage that with some old papers. Then fill it with some nice boxes for storage and organizing.

• Darla Darla on Jan 10, 2018
    Unless you are attached to it or really need it, take it to the dump.

• Jamie Jamie on Jan 20, 2018
    To the dump it goes