How do you paint a faux leather chair?

Chris
by Chris

This is faux leather chair that is peeling. Is it possible to paint it? What type of paint would work?

• Carol Sybrowsky Carol Sybrowsky on Aug 27, 2018

Hi Chris, This looks pretty far gone. However, you can try spraying the seat with a plastic paint like Kylon. You will need several thin coats for it to dry properly. Truthfully, you can get used chairs that are in better shape on Craigslist for about the same amount of money it will take you to "repair" this. Sorry.

• Erin Erin on Aug 27, 2018

Why not get those fleecy seat covers instead? Comfy!

• Sandy Grimes Sandy Grimes on Aug 27, 2018

I'd suggest jacquard paints.

• OceeB OceeB on Aug 27, 2018

Chris,

I saw a video of where someone basically scraped off all the peeling 'pleather' and then left as the cloth but I think I would paint after scraping. This would be time consuming. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOq6grhQ2yc

• Marta LaRue Sparks Marta LaRue Sparks on Dec 07, 2018

To me it depends on your cash flow.. To buy another..Or I sis like the Answer new comfort covers..So many to choose from.. What you decide..ENJOY!!😊

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 08, 2018

Chris, I have seen a variety of seat covers on Wish.com. Their inventory changes frequently because they work with many small businesses in China. But you can find some amazing things on that site. ☺️

• Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Dec 08, 2018

Leather and vinyl don't usually get painted. Use a leather repair kit that includes liquid vinyl. Follow the directions