I need a fresh idea for this garage sale find.

+6
I want to change out the picture and paint the leather frame. I what it to look cheerful and use it in Florida.
q i need a fresh idea for this garage sale find
  • Jacalyn Jacalyn on Jan 07, 2018
    I can’t tell how big the picture is, but what about using part of an old map or a piece of scrapbooking paper instead of the rooster? Use one of the colors in the paper that you would like to bring out/pop out of the paper to paint the leather. I would try a whitewash (or colorwash) on the leather to see how it turns out. If it is not what you had envisioned, you can always repaint it. I would love to see what you create when it is finished!

• Ro Ro on Jan 07, 2018
    I would try a wall paper in the picture palm trees or dragonflies or maybe flowers, I like the map idea too
    would paint the leather sage green I like the gold trim that’s already there

• Vrohde Vrohde on Jan 07, 2018
    You could put anything in the picture area. However, I like the one that is there. Since everything is now old farm look. It would look great with a whitewash on the leather and then seal it all to protect it. Good luck. Hope you can show s what you do with it.

• Jacalyn Jacalyn on Jan 07, 2018
    Another idea in case you are trying to give your piece a beach feel - After you paint and add a new picture, map, whatever where the rooster is, take white rope and glue it around the picture on the top and mirror on the bottom. It would give it a nautical feel.

• Car27088092 Car27088092 on Jan 09, 2018
    I like the rooster!!

• Vivian Baglien Vivian Baglien on Jan 09, 2018
    I like the leather as it is maybe apply polish buffet up really good and change the picture if you wanted