Does anyone know how to get paint off of a tin roof?

+3
We moved into an old 3 story house and when someone painted the dormers they dripped white paint all over the green roof and it looks awful.
q does anyone know how to get paint off of a tin roof
This picture unfortunately does not show how bad this looks.
  • Arc8243710 Arc8243710 on Jun 03, 2017
    Well, as an architect I guess that burning will be fine, but before that try some sort of paint removals.

• M Phillips M Phillips on Jun 03, 2017
    If you can't remove them spray paint them with the cheap can of silver paint it'll look better and eventually it'll all wire off

• William William on Jun 03, 2017
    I would use something stiff plastic and scrape off as much as possible. Then try cloths saturated with Goo Gone. Let them set to allow the paint to soften and scrape/wipe it off. WD 40 for any residue.

• Cori Widen Cori Widen on Jun 04, 2017
      This should work! I'd try this before any of the more difficult methods.

• Em Em on Jan 09, 2020

I would try to match the color paint. It looks like it has a matte finish at this point. Touch up the spots and spray with a matte finish sealer, or paint straight down to the gutter on both sides with a paint that is as close as you can get. Bring home paint samples and lay them on the roof in the sunlight to get closest match. I have found that places that claim to do a "color match" using a computer are not very close in color.