What's the best way to do Wallpaper/glue removal?

+4
I just bought a beautiful night stand to restore - but first have to remove this UGLY wallpaper that they wallpapered the inside of their drawers with!! What's the best way to remove the paper/glue from the wood drawers??
  • C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jun 20, 2017
    Try your steam iron on full steam to remove the old paper and Goo Gone to get out any remaining residue .

• Amanda Elliott Amanda Elliott on Jun 20, 2017
    Mix a little fabric softener with warm water in a spray bottle. Then spray to saturate the wallpaper. The wallpaper should be easy to peel off after about 15-20 minutes.

• Sup21646329 Sup21646329 on Jun 20, 2017
    A neat trick that my uncle taught me, is to soak newspapers in wallpaper remover, and then after you have stripped the paper off the wall, cover the remaining glue with the soaked papers. This allows the remover to do its work without running down the wall.

• Maggie_May_513 Maggie_May_513 on Jun 20, 2017
    I have used a mixture of fabric softener and water to remove wallpaper from walls. Once you spray it on let it soak in for a few minutes then use a putty knife or spackle knife to scrape the paper off. In my case once the corner loosened I was able to just peel off large pieces of the wallpaper. Afterwards I just painted the walls and they turned out just as nice as any other painted walls.

Use your steam iron on highest setting to remove the paper . Use Goo Gone for the remaining residue .

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jun 20, 2017
    Steam iron will make all the difference!

• Michele Michele on Jun 20, 2017
    I sprayed my kitchen walls with warm water wait a few minutes and then use a scraper and it peels right off. Wash walls down after paper comes off with just warm water again. We did that to my kitchen and it was great.