What is the best criteria for choosing an exterior paint color?

+2
My house has brick along the bottom third of the stucco house the full length of the house, I dislike blue or bright colors!

• Flipturn Flipturn on Jan 07, 2018
    What colour is on the top ⅔ of the house? Do you want to keep this colour the same, or are you wanting to repaint the entire house?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 07, 2018
    what color is the room ,shutters,front door?

• Jeanne Johnson Ortego Jeanne Johnson Ortego on Jan 07, 2018
    You can use your bricks for inspiration, or the stucco. I like to go to different paint stores and pick up several samples in exterior colors that I think I will like. They look different in daylight than in the store. Not long ago, I picked up some 8 1/2 x 11 samples by Kilz, which are peel and stick. I stuck them to the garage in places that get light at different times of the day. I'm "living" with the colors to see which I like better. I plan to paint in the Spring. You should be able to find some nice Earth tones that you like.

• M. M.. M. M.. on Jan 07, 2018
    Questions to ask yourself: What color is your house now? What colors do you admire in your neighborhood? Do you want to contrast with the brick or have it more blended in.?Lastly, ask yourself if you want the brick painted? That could open up more choices for you.

• Hillela G. Hillela G. on Jan 08, 2018
    I would match the flaura that you plan on using