Do people strip and varnish the underside of tables

+2
hi
I am up grading a hallway table, spraying legs in a midnight blue eggshell with a medium oak varnish finish to the table top. You cant see the underside, my question is how many would spend the time stripping and masking
regards
carl

• Lsherbach Lsherbach on Dec 20, 2017
    I don't see why refinishing the underside would be necessary. I checked my table and is not finished like the top. Good luck

• Most people do not. Not to worry.

• Dfm Dfm on Dec 20, 2017
    if you are in a higher humidity environment - you might want to seal it to control warping. low humidity i wouldn't worry about it

• Gol17361021 Gol17361021 on Dec 20, 2017
    No need to do the underneath unless it is noticeable. For the finishing touch I would recommend using HELMSMAN indoor/outdoor Spar Urethane in a clear coat either Satin, Semigloss or Gloss finish. This would be the final sealant and is exceptional protection from Sunlight, Rain and Moisture, and Temperature changes. See pic

Also, its $16.57 at Lowe's and costs a little more at Home Depot. If you have an Ace Hardware you can find it cheaper. I get mine at Lowe's. Happy refurbishing!!😀