I want to distress paint or antique my dresser, I need help.

  5 answers
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 30, 2018
    Paint on different colours of chalk paint - one on top of the other once dry.
    Then rub back in places to reveal the under colour and keep doing this until you are happy with the result. Then apply Antique Wax.

  • MaryAnn Spear Walker MaryAnn Spear Walker on Jan 30, 2018
    Thanks John

  • MaryAnn Spear Walker MaryAnn Spear Walker on Jan 30, 2018
    Does anyone know a way without buying chalk paint and Antique wax?

  • Renee Renee on Jan 30, 2018
    Prime, then use a few different colors of flat paint, followed by the final color in whatever sheen makes you happy. Take a heavy chain and beat the snot out of the dresser if you want the dented, marred look. Rub with 400 or 600 grit sandpaper on the spots that would naturally get worn through, like around the drawer pulls, the edges of the drawers and frame, and some spots on the top where people would typically place a lamp, tray, perfume bottles, etc. You could make "cup rings" on the top by putting a tea cup down on the wet paint if it suits your fancy. Think that step through. It's hard to change your mind once the ring of paint is gone.