Is it possible to paint my cheap bathroom floor tile to spruce it up?

+2
Tile is plastic/acrylic is there a paint I could use !!

• GrandmasHouseDIY GrandmasHouseDIY on Dec 07, 2017
    Hi Jan, I think any good paint for wet environments would be a good call here. They do make specific tile and tub paint and I think it would still work just fine on plastic.

• Ken Ken on Dec 07, 2017
    Yes, it is possible but it will likely not wear very well.

There is another approach to consider. I just searched for vinyl floor tile under $1 at homedepot.com. There are several choices. If your bathroom is 5' x 8', you can buy a 45 square foot box of attractive vinyl tile for under $20 that will replace that old tile. You aren't going to buy paint that cheap. I will guarantee that it is going to look better and last longer.

• Luray Luray on Dec 07, 2017
    I believe there is a paint for every job! Go to your local paint store and ask for advice. They have never failed to help me! Good luck! I see a cute bathroom in your future!

• Jewellmartin Jewellmartin on Dec 07, 2017
    When you get ready to make your change, please take before, during and after pictures. Write up your steps and description, going by the guidelines when you click on Post to get it on Hometalk.com. Yours is a frequent question so lots of people would like to see what you did. 😇