How do I get fabric softener dispenser on Maytag Bravos to work

Worked fine for year then quit. Can't stand using dryer sheets.

• 62q10370829 62q10370829 on Dec 27, 2017
    Put hot water in it or bleach & run washer 2-3 times then wash a load of white clothes with water in it to make shore its unclode . and call maytag & see what they say. Good luck with it I had a maytag & after a yr it went out & couldn't be fixed.

• See 1 previous
    • Cayenne Cayenne on Oct 09, 2018

I had the same problem. The dispenser was funky looking and wasn't draining. I took an old toothbrush and scrubbed around in it. Then, I put some baking soda in it and poured vinegar into it. It foamed up for a little bit, after which I ran the toothbrush around it some more. I ran a cycle after that and it was clean as a whistle and working fine.

• Maggie Maggie on Dec 27, 2017
    I used balled up pieces of heavy tin foil in dryer. Works very well. Dryer sheets are full of chemicals. You Need an Appliance service to fix washer.

• Geezer Wench Geezer Wench on Dec 27, 2017
    (Good luck trying to get that fixed.) Anyhow, several months ago my oldest daughter sent me wool dryer balls she bought on Amazon. After my husband and other daughter got all the jokes out of their systems ...

Out of a pack of 6, I use 4 of them in the dryer when drying clothes, towels, sheets, curtains, whatever. I haven't even used fabric softener since then except one time. If you like a particular scent, put a few drops of essential oil on the wool dryer balls and toss them in. They help fluff the laundry and they're supposed to reduce drying time.

I can say they do help with the fluffing. Drying time has been reduced by a few minutes here and there.

Even with as cold as it's been, we haven't had a problem with static-y clothes, etc. I would say it's been about normal. Always get a bit more static in the laundry when it gets cold and the air is drier here in southeast PA.

Another reason I like them is we have a septic tank and it's just a little bit less chemicals going into it.