How can I fill in this hole in the wall?


I am remodeling this room. So I am closing off this window. I want it to be a full wall. What’s the best way to close in window? Also what can I do with the brown paneling to update the entire room?i have already kiltz the room one time. I just don’t like all the lines.

q fill in this hole in wall
  6 answers
  • The window and molding will have to be removed. Insulate the space left behind, and if that's paneling around it, cut another piece to match the hole and install it. Use joint compound on the edges and sand. Paneling lines can also be filled-in before painting with joint compound.

  • NoFkgThanks NoFkgThanks on Nov 16, 2018

    Remove the paneling, drywall the room. Fill the hole in with insulation, drywall over it. Also, if you're going to paint, use multiple coats, that looks like a 5 year old painted.

  • Janine Janine on Nov 17, 2018

    Take off the molding remove the window and if the other side is an exterior wall you need to insulate. If on a tight budget use joint compound to go over all the lines. The best thing would be, remove the paneling and drywall. Idea for your window hole is inset shelf or prep for shelf and cover with a hinged wall picture and use it for a hidden storage.

  • Measure it and put a television or computer monitor, in it.

  • Cheryl Anderson Cheryl Anderson on Nov 18, 2018

    Make it a book case.

  • Susie Susie on Nov 18, 2018

    My sister painted the paneling in my parents house using stripes, just one shade lighter, it seemed to tone down the lines in the paneling and brought dimension to the room???