How do I count amps so that I do not throw a breaker?

+1
I plugged in two energy surge heaters and it caused the breaker to be thrown. One was in the hallway and one in the living room.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 28, 2017
    Compare the amperage they use with the amperage of the breaker, plus whatever else is plugged in in the room. If the hallway runs on the same breaker as the living room, it may be too much and you need to separate the two so that they are not on the same breaker. Just remember that it is the heaters plus anything else that that breaker feeds.

• William William on Dec 28, 2017
    Nancy is correct. Standard breakers are 15 or 20 Amps. Add the maximum Amps of the two heaters. If it's any close to 15 Amps split them up on other circuits. You may have more items plugged in on the same circuit and the breaker will trip.

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 28, 2017
    Plug your heaters into two separate areas so that the electrical lines are on separate breakers and you should not have a problem.