Adjusting soft close drawers

+6
One of our soft close drawers has decided to open slightly. How do I adjust them so that it stays fully closed?
  • Joffler Joffler on Sep 24, 2015
    We've tried to fix this problem without resorting to a kitchen remodel, which is what it will probably take for success. The best solution has been the magnetic child-proof closures that require a "key", which we keep on the refrigerator. The ultimate solution for us is that next time we buy a house, we're going with tried-and-true low tech because, ultimately, there's nothing really wrong with how drawers and cabinet doors closed for centuries before this "soft close" technology.

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Sep 24, 2015
    Try pulling out the draw and readjust the the bearings on both sides.If there is uncertainness on the know how there is a video on Utube.

• Ellie Ellie on Sep 24, 2015
    thanks for the suggestion. we will try it. and will check out the video also

• Ellie Ellie on Sep 24, 2015
    thanks for the input. sorry for your frustration. but you seem to be handeling. it.

• Z Z on Sep 24, 2015
    I hope this helps Ellie.

• Ellie Ellie on Sep 25, 2015
    Thanks so much for the video. this looks fairly simple..we'll give it a try.

• Z Z on Sep 25, 2015
      @Ellie, I'm glad I could help. Let me know if it worked as easily as he made it look.

• Ellie Ellie on Sep 25, 2015
    I will, right now I'm having trouble getting the drawer out of the track. can't seem to find the right place/ thing to push/pull. I will try it some more...grin

• Z Z on Sep 25, 2015
      @Ellie isn't that the way it goes when you're trying to do something simple? I hope you have it out by now and fixed.