Do they make a compound to repair arrested leg of a metal chair?

by Melodyhotard
I picked up this lawn furniture on the side of the street and noticed at the bottom of the leg it was rusted and a little bit of the bottom of the leg was eating away is there some way that I can repair it and be able to spray paint it?

  4 answers
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jun 06, 2018

    research a exterior epoxy resin

  • William William on Jun 06, 2018

    You can try using a two part epoxy putty like J B Weld. Sand any rust off and form the epoxy putty to the shape.

  • I found this product called polymorph last year and it works great on all my repairs. You just heat it up in boiling water and mould it to the shape you want and put it in cold water and it goes hard in seconds and it is solid. Great for jobs you are going to paint over.

    comment photo
  • Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Jun 06, 2018

    Bondo is what they use to repair rust damage and fill dents in cars. Works well and then you sand it smooth after it has dried. Then lightly sand all the surfaces and use Rustoleum Spray paint for metal in whatever color you want. Works like a charm.