How to open dresser drawers that have a "no-tipover" feature

+2
I recently purchased a bedroom set and the dresser & chest have drawers that are not removable. I understand why; however, tipping over is not a danger with me. I need to be able to remove the drawers. Is there a way other than dismantling the back? Even doing that, is it possible?

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 05, 2018
    Turn it upside down and see if you can see the drawer stops from there.

• Kitty McCarty Kitty McCarty on Jan 06, 2018
      thanks for taking the time to respond to my question. using a mirror & flashlight, I looked at the underside (turning an 8-drawer dresser was not possible) only to find a floor.

• William William on Jan 05, 2018
    If the drawers have metal slides there should be tabs on them that release the drawers. If the drawers do not have metal slides then the stops were installed after the drawers were put in place. Open the drawers and look to see where and what is holding them in. Could be brackets, wood blocks that can be removed. If a manual or instructions came with the dressers you can look at that. A photo would help with the drawers open, sides, and bottom of drawers.

Problem solved. For the solution, see my response to William

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 06, 2018
    If it is a built in feature, the stops will be found under each draw, so taking the back off, may be your only option............