I have a beautiful formal dining table that candle caught on fire

burned the shiny top layer and maybe part of next layer about 14 or 15' area

  5 answers
  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 06, 2018
    Do you have House contents Insurance cover? contact them...... if not look for a Furniture restorer or French Polisher Or Strip the top of yourselves and re-stain/polish

    • Reta Maynor Reta Maynor on Jan 06, 2018
      I do have house content insurance. That never occured to me I will ask agent.. Thank you so much

  • Cindy Hagemann Cindy Hagemann on Jan 06, 2018
    You might be able to sand down the top with a palm sander - but most likely it is ruined since it had a laminate top.

  • 62q10370829 62q10370829 on Jan 06, 2018
    You will have to sand top & restrain or paint top. You can find someone to redo it. Good luck

  • Holly Kinchlea-Brown Holly Kinchlea-Brown on Jan 06, 2018
    you will need to sand down the entire top and resurface it in some way. If you want to keep it exactly the same as what it was, that may involve a professional. if you don't mind a slight variation, you could restrain after sanding and put on a sealant yourself, you will need a number of coats with light sanding (220 grit sandpaper) in between coats.

  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 06, 2018
    It's my pleasure................