I have a new recliner that slides on the carpet everytime you sit.

+5
What can I use to keep it in place

• Jan Jan on Jan 02, 2018
    try rubber casters

• Rembatb Rembatb on Jan 02, 2018
    Rubber or felt coasters. They also make chair mats.

• See 1 previous
    • Rembatb Rembatb on Jan 03, 2018
      Gjudi, you still could use the mats for the chairs that come in plastic or rubber but, if that is unsightly what you can also do is sew a fabric mat of your own. You can purchase your own fabric and even purchase upholstery fabric so that it matches your recliner and just make a mat to go up under it so it doesn't slide. I hope this helps and by the way if you're not a seamstress or sure of your sewing skills, what you can do is make the mat but use a hot glue gun and if you need help with either method just let me know and I will help you. Btw, is your recliner a rocket.

• Judy Judy on Jan 02, 2018
    Have you tried to put strips of rubber under the rocker, maybe this would keep it in one area. Best wishes. J.

• Gju20063725 Gju20063725 on Jan 02, 2018
    Thanks, it does have rubber there now.

• Lit30843124 Lit30843124 on Jan 03, 2018
    Use a strip of non slip mat

• Rembatb Rembatb on Jan 03, 2018
    Gjudi, I don't know what kind of recliner you have you state that it doesn't have feet so I have to assume it's either flat to the ground or a rocker recliner. The other suggestion that I have since you didn't take to the plastic or rubber mats which I can understand because they're unsightly, is to make your own mat. You can actually purchase the fabric that matches a recliner from whomever you bought it from unless, it was from a department store such as Walmart or Target but even then the manufacturer sometimes will supply if you give them a call, with the fabrik at a cost. You can also just purchase fabric from any fabric store or hobby store or even a department store and make your very own matte with a color choice similar or that matches your decorating scheme or theme. If you are not comfortable sewing a mat then there's the option of using a hot glue gun to form a mat. And I can help you with either of those options. Let me know if you need any help. By the way if it is a rocker recliner, you could put rubber tape on the bottom of the rockers and it should keep it from skidding.