My kitchen sink countertop seal to the wall is showing a gap. How can

  5 answers
  • Sunny C Sunny C on Jul 11, 2017
    Hello Tina; If I am understanding you correctly, it sounds like all that you need is to fill in the gap by using waterproof sealer, that will match your grouted area???

  • Rose Mary Buds Rose Mary Buds on Jul 11, 2017
    You need to find out why its showing a gap... if it is pulling away from the wall you may need to reattach it, If the caulking has come out you just need to re-caulk the area.

  • Dmotan Dmotan on Jul 11, 2017
    caulking matching the countertop. Or caulk - match wall and paint. I did the second one.

  • SandyG SandyG on Jul 11, 2017
    Make sure you don't have a water problem that is causing the gap. If so, that needs to be fixed first. If the gap is not too wide, caulk can be used. If the gap is wider, you can buy a wood or metal trim and apply over the gap and gives a nice finished look.

  • Gail Trice Gail Trice on Jul 11, 2017
    Depends on what type of material was there to begin with. You can grout the area or putty it with a putty gun. With both use water and a sponge to smooth the edges.