Inexpensive ideas on covering the joiner beams in a double wide home?

+9
  • Barbara Barbara on Dec 15, 2017
    In a what?

• Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on Dec 15, 2017
    In a mobile home? Ceiling or walls? I can help with mobile home questions.

• Sharon Sharon on Dec 15, 2017
    Do you mean the ceiling joists?

• Barbara Barbara on Dec 16, 2017
    Well if they are flush with the ceiling you could install faux beams and add a few others to balance out the look. If they are not flush you could paint/stain to look like wood beams.

• Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on Dec 16, 2017
    I live in an older double wide myself. It's not difficult to update, but it can be a little challenging at times. My first suggestion: Make a plan, a list of wants and needs and a true budget you can afford. Shop all thrift and resale stores for flooring, electrical and plumbing items. Paint stores have discounted paint. Look for discarded plywood and trim pieces at HD & Lowes. Start with and complete one room at a time, it's less frustrating that way. And always remember Big Mike's motto: Do It Right the first time. From me: Caulk all moldings and windows, patch holes in walls, wash paneling with TSP, prime with Kilz2, then paint. Paint ceilings first. You can add 'sand' to the paint to disguise ugly ceilings if you wish. Remove joint strips in paneling and fill with joint compound. You CAN do this! Think of it as an adventure that's going to be very rewarding and lovely to show off to your family and friends. Best of luck.

• See 1 previous
    • Diana Deiley Diana Deiley on Dec 17, 2017
      You CAN do this. Just go for it. It's only paint and you can change that anytime. Popcorn ceilings can be removed or covered up with beadboard. It's going to look AWESOME! Best of luck.