How can I fix scrapings on my new concrete driveway?

+1

A heavy truck delivered building material and turned its large wheels several times causing scrapes into the surface of the driveway. Can these indentations be repaired and how?

• Call the company that delivered the goods. Their insurance should cover it for you. How long ago was the concrete poured?

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Sep 11, 2018

Hi Tqm,

I agree with Naomie. There are patching products available but they never will look as good as the original finish with concrete so it really needs a topcoat if at all possible. If you have a problem with the company that did the damage, you might also check your home owners insurance company. You could also write to your State Attorney General about the company that caused the damage, if they won't fix it and send that company a copy. I've done that several times over the years and have always had positive results.=Linda

• Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Sep 11, 2018

I would see if the delivery company will repair the damage. If not, call your home owner's insurance. This is why you have it!

• Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Sep 11, 2018

Hopefully you haven't waited too long to contact them. Take close up pictures of the damage and contact the company that delivered and did the damage. They may have weakened the concrete and come winter you could have cracks. Good luck.