How do I repair the concrete floor on my porch?

My concrete floor on my porch is cracked and one part has risen up about 1/4". Now my door won't close because of the concrete. Help.

• Oliva Oliva on Feb 01, 2019

Do you have a nearby tree where the roots have lifted your concrete? Maple trees are notorious for this, and should never be planted closer than 25' from your home.

Did you have water infiltration into the concrete which froze and cracked the concrete?

You'll need to determine the causal factor, before proceeding. You may need to break up the concrete, check for soil issues, add gravel, rebar, and then re-concrete.

Because your door is affected, you need to seek qualified assistance, immediately.

• Marsha Marsha on Feb 01, 2019

Yes water cracked the concrete. I had that crack repaired last summer. Now cracked again and now my problem as stated above.

• William William on Feb 01, 2019

You need a concrete contractor to determine the problem and a way to fix it. Sounds like the subase has failed. May need to have the concrete removed and redone.