How do I replace the washers or rings in my kitchen sink faucets?

Do I need special tools?

  3 answers
  • No special tools required, just unscrew where the water comes out and pop out the little screen and rubber gasket - take with you to the hardware store to make sure you purchase the right size.

  • Val Loskota Val Loskota on Sep 16, 2017
    Remember if you need to unscrew using a pliers or vice grips, that you put a rag around the fixture then use the tool. I learned the hard way!

  • Old Dog Old Dog on Sep 17, 2017
    If you are stopping a leaking faucet you will need to go on You Tube for a tutorial. First thing you need to learn is how to turn off the water to your faucet if you need to do this.