How do I stop my toilet from howling?

+2

It happens when the tank has just filled.

• Terri Terri on Feb 02, 2019

Needs new inner works Fairly simple Kits can be purchased at the hardware store

• Tim Tim on Feb 02, 2019

You may be experiencing Water hammering, its on the valve in the start to close and that causes a vibration in the pipes and it stops when the valve stops, 2 to 5 seconds,

some times longer or shorter. does it do this at the end of fill ? if so turn on Lav. faucet on just as it's stopping , cold water to see if that solves it. An there are ways to fixed that. for a few dollars. some one at a good hardware store could help point you in the right direction Good Luck. TR.

• Dennis Paddock Dennis Paddock on Feb 13, 2019

It is a common occurrence with the old style Ball float fill valve as a lime build up gathers around the valve seat if you choose to not get the rebuild kit and want to change it it is a simple tasc and I recomend a Fluidmaster they are cheaper as well and if u have a problem with it the seal is easy to replace as well for a few dollars