What can I use to open a drain that is so clogged of gunk?

My kitchen, bathroom, and bathtub are all clogged up together that when I open one the other two become stopped up as well. I see a lot of oil and sludge seems to come into the tub. I live in a building on one of the lower floors and seems to have received everyone else's mess in my bathtub. My family and I have been snaking, pouring boiling hot water, and bleach to no real process. Please help!

• Tonya Tonya on Oct 09, 2018

Sounds like you May have a main sewer line blockage/back up. Is there odor? You may need the lines to be Rotorooted. I would definitely consult with a plumber.

• Annie Annie on Oct 09, 2018

I don’t think any self help tactics will help you. Plumbing in an apartment building is much more complicated than a regular house. This is something that needs to be addressed professionally. It presents a significant health concern for you and your family. Please use a dishpan in your kitchen sink!

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Oct 09, 2018

You may have a vapor lock due to improper ventilation. If it's a clog, you can try baking soda and vinegar, cover the drain to let it do it's fizzy work, then after about 15 minutes pour boiling water in the drain. Repeat 2 -3 times. If you don't see any progress, plumber time.