Why is my main drain line bubbling up in toilet and sink

+3
when the washer drains I hear the water bubbling up in the toilet and main line this just started

• William William on Jan 12, 2018
    Your main drain may be partially clogged or the roof drain vent may be blocked.

• Hou24113718 Hou24113718 on Jan 13, 2018
    Do you have a septic tank? If so, get it pumped out before toilets, tubs and showers back up with some really nasty stuff. Been there, done that!

• Tui1373853 Tui1373853 on Jan 13, 2018
    We had a similar problem at first. Then the problem got much much worse. The neighbors in the back would use their toilet, flush and their waste came up our back bathtub, the toliet flowed over. Every time they flushed. My poor husband cleaned and cleaned. When the Plummer came and ran a camera thru the line they saw a crack in the pipe along with roots, along with everything that will get trapped in the roots. Huge mess!! I hope your problem gets fixed before it gets worse.

• Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 13, 2018
    Blockage - use Punger

• 2dogal 2dogal on Jan 13, 2018
    Get a plumber - he can send a camera down into the main drain line to see the problem. Your main drain most likely needs replacing. It could be from roots cracking the pipe, or if the house is old, it could be from a grease build up in the drain.

• Cheri Wyman Cheri Wyman on Jan 13, 2018
    I JUST had this happen to me! You will need to have your main drain snaked! If you continue to use the system without doing so you will end up with sewage backing up into your house! that is what happened to us! do yourself a favor and get a plumber in there asap to snake that main drain! I know in our city there are $99 specials for this all the time. Just be careful cuz they will try to talk you into having other work done. I had mine scoped (a camera put down the drain) as well because I wanted to make sure there wasn't any pipe damage....and there was! That is the only other thing I would let them do. When they removed the toilet to snake they jarred the tank loose from the base and wanted to charge me $265 to replace two gaskets! This is a $5 fix that I can do myself. So just be careful what you allow the to do! Good luck!