How do I prevent my dogs bed from sliding in her kennel?

Brianna
by Brianna

When my dog moves around her bed moves with, thus creating a loud dog nail against plastic noise

• 17335038 17335038 on Apr 26, 2020

I would suggest that you line the kennel under the bed with a flat piece non-slip carpet rubber mesh. This is what is recommended to hold area rugs in place on wooden flooring. I have seen it for sale both in packages and in rolls. Yes, it is easily washed with regular soap and water.

comment photo
  • Holly Lengner - Lost Mom Holly Lengner - Lost Mom on Apr 26, 2020

You could use Velcro to hold the dog bed in place. They have peel and stick Velcro that would work for this.

• K. Rupp K. Rupp on Apr 26, 2020

You could use double sided carpet tape. Just be aware that the adhesive on the carpet tape is incredibly strong and will be very hard to get it off the floor. We used it on our tile once and solvents, scrubbing and scraping finally we got it off. AHH. It definitely works!!!

• Em Em on Apr 26, 2020

Attach hook and loop to the bottom of the cage and to the bedding on each corner. Second option, attach cording in each corner and tie to the corners of the kennel. I would go for the velcro type on the bottom so she cannot chew on the strings.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Apr 26, 2020

You need to permanently attach a piece of outdoor carpet to the bottom that can be hosed off if need be. Then put a soft bed on that they can scratch and wad

up to their satisfaction. It's their nature to " make a nest" for their bed.

• Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Apr 27, 2020

You could anchor the bed with velcro which would prevent it from moving around but allow you to remove and clean.

• Ariba Kashif Ariba Kashif on May 26, 2024

I suggest you to use a non slip bottom dog bed.

• Janice Janice on May 26, 2024

You can use a couple of layers of the mesh shelf liner used to soften the sound of placing dishes on your kitchen shelves and for keeping dishes from sliding around. Just cut the liner to fit beneath the dog kennel, place the kennel on the liner and you'll be set!

• Ariba Kashif Ariba Kashif on May 27, 2024

To prevent your dog's bed from sliding around in her kennel, you can try using a non-slip mat under the bed, attaching Velcro strips to the bottom of the bed and the kennel floor, or placing rubber pads on the corners of the bed. These methods can help keep the bed secure and reduce noise. For more detailed tips and product recommendations, check out this site: https://bestcaninebeds.com/.

• Hi Brianna! Doormats, bathmats or cut-off pieces of rubber matting are all good non-slip options. The non-slip surface will prevent bedding from sliding around, and will help your dog learn to stand and walk more safely and easily.