How to fix holes in the middle of hollow doors?

This is a bathroom door someone tried to put hooks in it with Large holes Thank you.

• Debi53 Debi53 on Dec 29, 2017
    If the doors have a smooth finish, fill holes with wood putty, sand smooth, prime, and paint. You may have to fill in layers, letting it dry and then add more.

• Cathy Dillon Cathy Dillon on Dec 30, 2017
    I covered up the hole by gluing a flat piece of wood over the hole. I had a christmas tree shape, about 8" tall which I painted green ( first) and then slapped on there with glue. Now that I know they exist; there are a number of 3-D decorative molding do-dads that you can buy in individual packages, and I might use one of those in the future. My hole appeared when the coats were to heavy for the pretty hook installed on the hollow door - So i imagine that you have two holes right where you would want to install a hang rod in the future? We are able to use christmas tree wreath /'over the door' hooks on quite a few of our doors as there is still enough room for the thin ones to fit over the door and still allow it to close. If you prettied up the holes and used the over the doors hook solution you might be abe to come out ahead.

• William William on Dec 30, 2017
    More videos if you click on the link.