How to hide scratches on my wooden door

+2
Doggie left scratches on wooden door & wooden cabinet. I just want to make it look more presentable

• Becky Lock Becky Lock on Jan 03, 2018
    If the scratches are gouged into the wood you can use a wood filler and re-paint if it is a painted door. Or ssand and re-finish a stained door.

• Annette Annette on Jan 03, 2018
    Old English

• Vimarhonor Vimarhonor on Jan 03, 2018
    Im in the same boat sigh our 2 yo professionally install oil based poly sealed hw floors look bad, I have a feeling the subtle grooves from my dogs nails need to be re sanded and refinished. We keep the 70# dogs nails trimmed and dremmeled but find the durability of this new hw has been a huge disappointment!

Fwiw area rugs and runners do disguise and protect.

• Karen Tokarse Karen Tokarse on Jan 03, 2018
    Go to www.fastcap.com and order the SoftWax kit. The process is to find the color that matches your door, rub it into the scratch, scrape off so it's level, then buff it out. An amazing product from an amazing web site.

• V Smith V Smith on Jan 03, 2018
    There are special pens, they look like magic markers but they are brown stain. I always start with the lightest one because scratched wood is often across the grain and it takes stain darker.