Ice on the inside of windows

+2
How do I keep ice from forming on the inside of my windows will it hurt my blinds that are the internal variety use slide bars to open and shut and ice won' let them be moved

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 06, 2018
    Don't open the windows and it won't hurt them. If you force them, the pot metal may break. They break easy enough under normal circumstances. The ice is from the humidity in the house and the cold outside is freezing it on the windows. You could use a cool hairdryer to melt the ice so that you can move the blinds when you want to, but don't start off too hot or you may crack the window that is real cold. As long as you have the moisture in the window it will freeze up when it is really cold outside. You could check with the manufacturer and see if they have a remedy to keep this from happening.

• Sandy Eigler Sandy Eigler on Jan 06, 2018
    It usually wont hurt your blinds but eventually I would imagine it could lead to black mold. I would ask a good hardware or window store about what to do . You are obviously losing heat from someplace around your window. You could also place window plastic like food wrap around your window. You may need new windows that are more energy efficient.

• 27524803 27524803 on Jan 06, 2018
    Whether the ice will damage the internal blinds is a question for the manufacturer... call them and ask

• Clay B Clay B on Jan 06, 2018
    The glass has leak, no longer sealed. Eventually the glass will fog up in between. Needs to be replaced. Check windows for brand name and and numbers etC. Could be under warranty. Anderson for example has 20 year warrant, but will often replace for free beyond that. Most will provide sash only, for you to install. Just ask for how-to instructions.

• Cathy Dillon Cathy Dillon on Jan 06, 2018
    Oh Dear. Perhaps you have too much humidity inside the house? I saw - perhaps here .. and insullation idea of pressing/ pasting bubble wrap right onto your window glass using just water. Maybe that would help?
    Now that I am reading the rest of your question maybe some "three in one" household oil on the track for the blinds?