How do I change subway tile grout color?

We have white subway tiles for backsplash in our kitchen. Grout color is also white. As a result, tiles don't really stand out. How can I change grout color to, say, a light gray?

• Chubby58 Chubby58 on Aug 29, 2018

Go to the Aquamix website. They sell grout colorant or grout dye. I used the color Smoke on my tile grout for the kitchen floor and utility room. Turned out great. One little tip, follow the directions, take your time and you will be surprised at the outcome.

• Em Em on Aug 29, 2018

There is grout paint. I used it in my shower since the previous owner used 3 different colors in my shower. I did not want the time consuming job of replacing all of the grout so I purchased a good grout cleaner and painted the grout. It looks great and I have not had any problem with it.

• Ebbjdl Ebbjdl on Aug 29, 2018

Hi Bre,. I would pick out a color you like, and call a professional for this job. You have to have the right mix, the amount that goes into the tile, and how to smooth it out, and how to wash the excess off. If you've done this before, I'd say go ahead. Aloha.