Any ideas to repurpose light fixtures?

+4
My daughter bought her first home last June and we did some DIY renovations that included taking down the builders grade "nipple" light fixtures and replacing them. Now we have several of the glass domes, and I've been trying to think of a way to repurpose them. Any ideas? Thanks!
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 16, 2016
    Take a look on Pinterest for repurposed glass domes

• Barb Irwin Barb Irwin on Feb 16, 2016
    We had crackled glass globes left after replacing to fixtures and I turned them upside down, added those felt circles so as not to scratch wood, and put a large candle in each. They now sit on my server. I used a "nipple" type globe in the garden.I turned it upside down, filled it with pinecones and put it in a garden. Maybe you can flip it over and place a plant and fairy garden in it and place that in a garden

• Rani Rani on Feb 17, 2016
    first thing that comes to my mind is a water feature for the garden, not sure how you would create one using the domes, but what I'm picturing would be amazing

• Blondie8552 Blondie8552 on Feb 17, 2016
    You can make a bird feeder suspend from a tree using sisal rope. Put light fixture inside fill with seed or water.

• Opal Opal on Feb 18, 2016
    Boob Lights on pinterest, hate them but they do make rather good planters that can be painted or you can glue "stuff" (glass, stones, beads, tile bits, crystals) to them as well, dome for a food cover, bird bath bowl (plug hole and place on plant stand), fruit bowl, mold for concrete planters or wire basket, fill with something for decoration, plug hole-glue small something to bottom or put in a holder and fill with sand for candles.

• Pamk Pamk on Feb 22, 2016
    I love that! Unfortunately, we have already taken them down and installed ceiling fans. I just hated to throw the glass shades away so I wanted to find a way to recycle a coupe of them