What can I do with broken costume jewelry?

+2
I have a lot of broken pieces of jewelry, single earrings and hate to just toss them all away. Anyone have any suggestions as to how I can recycle them into something stunning?

• Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 06, 2018
    https://www.hometalk.com/diy/decorate/rooms/a-gift-for-any-occasion-30982488

• Jan Jan on Feb 06, 2018
    Buy a cheep clear glass ginger jar lamp. Bedroom preferred size.Open it up lesson the top from the jar and drop in the jewelry.Go to Good Will and pick up odd and ends of jewelry add to it. Makes a beautiful Dresser lamp.And ya get to see your old friends.

• Linda Sikut Linda Sikut on Feb 06, 2018
    Hi Julie,
    My granddaughter's other grandmother made her the most beautiful butterfly to hang in her room with old costume jewelry! I'm not 100% sure exactly what she used for a background, but I know craft stores have wood shapes of all kinds - or make your own. She used a strong glue to cover the shape with costume jewelry. It is very interesting to look at it and see all of the different pieces. My granddaughter loves it! BTW, it's nice to see a local WNY'er on Hometalk! Wishing you the best!

• Emily Emily on Feb 06, 2018
    One of my long time dreams has been to make a "treasure chest" for children to "discover" so I have been stockpiling foreign coins, treasure maps, and bits and pieces of old jewelry. It is unlikely I will ever do this because the children whom I currently have in mind to "find" this don't really have an appropriate place where I can hide it.