I have two windows 23 by 36 above 23x72 inch windows in my living room

I don’t know how to cover them I have room darkening curtains on the two lower windows. Help
q i have two windows 23 by 36 above 23x72 inch windows in my living room
q i have two windows 23 by 36 above 23x72 inch windows in my living room
Thanks for any suggestions. Alabama girl!
  12 answers
  • Debi53 Debi53 on Jan 13, 2018
    If light is not an issue, I would leave them uncovered. But, I am assuming you want them covered to block the light. There are many window films which are easily cut and applied with just water and a credit card or squeegee. Check with your home improvement store for the proper one for room darkening. This is a very easy DIY.

  • Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Jan 13, 2018
    You could use the same curtains as you do on the lower ones, or you could get two sets of the curtains sew them together and just have one curtain on each side. That would also look real good with the height of the wall.

  • I agree with Debi, even the window darkening drapes are too much, too cave like. How about a double rod with sheers underneath? Here are some great window film links.

  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Jan 13, 2018
    Personally I would remove the curtains.Research Roman shades for a inside mount

  • Johnavallance82 Johnavallance82 on Jan 13, 2018
    Maybe a roller blind on a pulley system or Curtains and a long poll.

  • C Crow C Crow on Jan 13, 2018
    Easiest solution in my opinion is Gallery Glass, a liquid applied directly to the glass that dries transparent, translucent, or opaque depending on the color and technique you choose. It is also very inexpensive and can be removed if you ever want to change. In a family vacation home, we put the crystal clear Gallery Glass on the clerestory windows after a neighbor added a second floor and could see directly into our kitchen, dining, and family rooms. Worked like a charm--plenty of light still streams in, but neighbor can no longer see in. We simply swirled the clear GG onto the inside of the windows with our fingers (no pattern). Gallery Glass is made by Plaid.

  • Sharon Sharon on Jan 13, 2018
    I would non-adhesive window film, it comes in reflective that you can get some light but repels UV rays in 4 colors. Then there are privacy ones, and stain glass might be pretty. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=decorative+window+film you just apply with a bit of water and a bath squeegee to get the bubbles out.

  • Joyce Joyce on Jan 13, 2018
    As a designer, I’ve treated this type of window(s) as one. Install the rod above the top window & have long textured or semi sheer curtains made 3:1+ fullness. You will have diffused light and privacy.

  • Barbara Fields Barbara Fields on Jan 16, 2018
    I would leave open.but if you want them covered.maybe just the light filtering shades.beautiful though

  • Fiddledd224 Fiddledd224 on Jan 16, 2018
    I would use an adhesive window film

  • Linda Barrett Dirksen Linda Barrett Dirksen on Jan 16, 2018
    Remote Electric operated roller shades

  • Gale Allen Jenness Gale Allen Jenness on Jan 16, 2018
    Depending on what your wanting to spend? You might want to look into some powered light shades that can be controlled by remote control. Being their so high and hard to reach this could be your best solution to control the amount of lighting you get thru these windows! My own windows were low enough that I could use the darkening curtains as well and I love them for keeping out the light that would normally be shinning on my big screen TV during the day! As close to having my own movie theater that I could get! If you also have a large screen TV you may be looking for the same kind of solution as I was! They do have some great darkening shades that are motorized you could even use on all your windows to control together if you choose to!