How can I attach a hose to an older type faucet?

I have a shampoo hose that I'd like to attach to the sink faucet, but it uses an aerator adapter that doesn't fit our older type faucet. It has no way of removing the part on the faucet that needs to be removed to make it work. Does anyone know what adapter or some way I could get this to work?
I've attached a picture of something that looks very similar.
Thanks! God Bless!!
q how can i attach a hose to an older type faucet, diy, home maintenance repairs, how to, minor home repair, plumbing
  8 answers
  • Z Z on Oct 29, 2015
    Have you looked into the type that slip over the faucet? With them, there's no need to remove the aerator. Here's an example of one.
    • See 10 previous
    • April April on Nov 13, 2015
      Sorry about the delayed reply. For some reason, Hometalk stopped notifying me about this thread. :( You're welcome! Aww, that's great. :) It's wonderful that you have got so many fond memories of them. Sad to hear of your loss, but happy to hear they're still in your heart. :)
  • Francine Nault Francine Nault on Oct 30, 2015
    Gosh that would have been so useful to me when my dog was alive. I use to give him a bath in the bathtub but had to use a glass to rinse him off. Thanks
  • Hope Williams Hope Williams on Oct 30, 2015
    You might be better off buying a smaller kitchen faucet with the hose piece. I have that exact faucet and just went to inspect mine. It truly does not look like it would work. However.... Take your faucet off AND your sprayer ant then take it to your local hardware store. Not the big box ones if possible. Or even an actual plumber. They are your best bets!
    • See 2 previous
    • April April on Oct 30, 2015
      Good point! I think so, too, about taking this issue up with one of the more plumbing focused stores. Thanks, Hope! :)
  • Sarah A. Victory Sarah A. Victory on Oct 30, 2015
    I may be clueless but I have replaced all my regular shower heads w/WaterPik shower heads that includes an adapter w/the hose line for washing pets and making clean-up of the bath/shower easier. I am unsure if these can be used on a regular faucet because all the sprayer's I have ever seen are either separate like in my 27 yr old laundry room or built into the spray head like my newly renovated kitchen. Hope someone else is more helpful.
    • April April on Oct 30, 2015
      That sounds handy, Sarah! I know what you mean! Generally I find either shampoo hoses or hand held showers, and they all seem to be made the same way -- some of which, like you've mentioned. That's okay though, I still appreciate your input! Thanks! :)
  • Kathy Bitzan Kathy Bitzan on Oct 30, 2015
    Yes it would be better to either have one that slips over the exiting or get a new faucet with hose attached. I tried that once and couldn't make it work.... ended up with a new faucet.
    • April April on Oct 30, 2015
      Yeah, I may have to, though through what Becky has shown me, it looks like it still could be possible. We have a few that slip on already, but they're usually not long enough. :( Thanks for your input, Kathy! :)
  • Sarah A. Victory Sarah A. Victory on Oct 30, 2015
    Always glad to try to help!
  • Susan Bechamp Susan Bechamp on Oct 30, 2015
    If length is a problem, can you splice a second hose to the first ? (Like garden hose repair kits?)
    • April April on Oct 30, 2015
      That sounds like a good idea! I was thinking along a similar vein, in finding some way to connect them. Thanks for your input, Susan! :)
  • Christine Cooper Christine Cooper on Oct 30, 2015
    They make adapters. Visit your local hardware store
Your comment...