DIY Honeycomb Accent Wall

$50
1 Day

When I moved into my house, I knew I wanted to create an accent wall to be the main focus when you first walked in the door. A different color was too boring, chevron was done too many times, so I needed to come up with something unique. I love anything and everything geometric, so a honeycomb pattern was what I landed on!
diy honeycomb accent wall, home decor, painting, wall decor
I had seen a couple hexagon accent walls throughout the interwebs, so to make mine my own, I used ALL of the colors in my house color scheme, didn't stick with a specific pattern, and placed it in my staircase to flow the downstairs and the upstairs together.
Start with a clean wall (scrub, dust, etc.) and paint 2 coats of your base color. Using painter's tape, section off the wall in half. This ensures that the final product will be symmetrical.
I created a hexagon template and covered it with painter's tape. This will allow your template to be flexible and will be able to get into corners and niches. Tape a level to it to make sure that your pattern will stay straight.
I folded my template into the corner and began taping away. Like I said, I didn't stick with a specific pattern.
I used 6 paint colors for the honeycomb pattern. Even though I was still trying to stick to a random pattern, I tried to make sure that the colors were dispersed evenly and that there wasn't too much of one in one area.
Remove the painter's tape once it's dry and you have an accent wall your guests will be oohing and ahhing at all night!
For the full tutorial and to print out your own hexagon template, head on over to my blog!

Chelc | Inside the Fox Den

• Julie

Very cute!! Have you considered painting the interior side of the entry door one of those colors to further coordinate the space?