What to do with Altoid tins

+19
The Hubby and I quit smoking in January and apparently have substituted Altoids instead! I have a few more of these little tins lying about and I am baffled as to what I can do with them. I don't really need any more organizing boxes for the junk drawer and I already have my nails, screws, bolts and nuts put away neatly so I'm relying on you folks to come up with a clever idea!
q don t have the heart to toss these but no idea, crafts, repurpose household items, repurposing upcycling, Probably have a dozen of these and no end of this surplus in sight Looking forward to your ideas
Probably have a dozen of these and no end of this surplus in sight! Looking forward to your ideas.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 17, 2016
    www.pinterest.com/khouriak/altoids-tin-repurposed
  • Hannah V Hannah V on Feb 17, 2016
    heres some fun ideas for them on Hometalk! https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=altoid%20
  • Carrie Carrie on Feb 17, 2016
    If you decide to sell them I will give you 50cents each for them.
    • See 1 previous
    • Carrie Carrie on Feb 18, 2016
      @Leslie Lazzarini I was going to buy some on e-bay one time but the man wanted a $1.00 each and for me to pay S&H and I told him no because Kroger runs them on sale sometimes 10 for $10.00 and I would rather buy them full than to pay that much for empty ones. Lol. I make the little pocket pets from (Sewing for Sarah) website. They are really cute. My email is clgermany@aol.com. Thanks and just let me know, I would be more than happy to pay you and for shipping.
  • Leslie Lazzarini Leslie Lazzarini on Feb 17, 2016
    Thanks for the links, I guess the words "recycling or up-cycling" make a difference when googling this kind of thing 🙄
  • Julie Parris Wildermuth Julie Parris Wildermuth on Feb 17, 2016
    If you get more I will pay you and pay shipping. I'm in the middle of redoing my craft room.
  • Joy Lee Baker Joy Lee Baker on Feb 17, 2016
    I use the tiny one to hold pills for my smaller purses when I'm out I have a small variety of what I could possibly need.
  • Colleen Colleen on Feb 17, 2016
    http://www.hometalk.com/6987315/recycled-mint-tin-music-box. Do something fun and creative with them and give as gifts if you can't use them yourself. You could even simply paint/decoupage and embellish and fill with goodies.
  • Sadie Seasongoods Sadie Seasongoods on Feb 18, 2016
    Years ago, I made little vintage luggage Christmas ornaments from the tins! http://www.sadieseasongoods.com/tannenbaum-traveler-vintage-style-luggage-ornaments/
    I also love the idea of making different "emergency kits" from them. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/142567144431286625/
  • Pam Lewandowski Pam Lewandowski on Feb 18, 2016
    I save mine for a lady that has a son with autism. She collects them and shares the extras with the other mothers. Apparently they use them for the kiddos therapy. I never asked details, but just keep saving them. :)
    • See 1 previous
    • GrandmaCarol Speight GrandmaCarol Speight on Feb 20, 2016
      @Leslie Lazzarini Any "school" system that caters to children of special needs........will take all sorts of items that we just normally think of as a throw-away item! Maybe check with your gp's receptionist and you may get some contact info there....in order to see what they could make use of.
  • Amhurst Amhurst on Feb 18, 2016
    I've used them for girl scout projects, ie first aid kits or sewing kits. You can also make a small portable candle out of them.
  • Lori Lori on Feb 18, 2016
    I have a pattern for a really cute Christmas ornament or child's toy using an Altoid tin for a base. Top opens to a little bed inside for a tiny felt mouse or bear. (I should have said it's not "my" pattern but it's on Pinterest.)
  • A purse sewing kit, a closet for doll house, storage for extra buttons, travel kit for jewelry.
  • Julie Parris Wildermuth Julie Parris Wildermuth on Mar 05, 2016
    i mod podge for girls to carry in purse, use for storage in craft room, love them lol
  • April April on Mar 28, 2016
    First of all, congratulations on quitting smoking to you and your hubby! I'm sure that must've been difficult to say the least! Secondly, as for the Altoids tins, I like the suggestions stated here, and maybe you could line them with felt and wrap them in some sort of fabric or paper, and make them into some sort of coin storage or knick knack storage for yourself or for others. Hope this helps! :)
  • Casey Gragg Casey Gragg on Apr 06, 2016
    https://www.pinterest.com/chatterdragon/crafting-~-altoids-tins/ I collect altoid tins too, went to a yard sale and bought a bag for a dollar. Then I started buying them for myself. This is some ideas I have collected off Pinterest.. Lots to choose from
  • Leslie Lazzarini Leslie Lazzarini on Apr 06, 2016
    Thanks for all the ideas! I have a few phone calls out to charitable organizations.