Anna Bannister
Anna Bannister
  • Lees Summit, MO

DIY Easter Mantle / Barn Door Tutorial / Decoration Ideas

$0

I have to admit, I've never really decorated my mantle for Easter. This year I was inspired by a challenge from some of the people I follow on Instagram. I knew instantly what I wanted to do - a Barn Door. The best part was that I had almost all the supplies I needed.
diy easter mantel barn door tutorial decoration ideas, easter decorations, fireplaces mantels, seasonal holiday decor
My husband deconstructs pallets for us to use for various building materials. (If you've never taken apart a pallet before, fair warning, it's not for the faint of heart. It sounds like it would be easy enough. Sadly, it's not.) I took six pallets that were similar in color and thickness. I knew I'd want the color to be light enough to stand out on the dark stonework on our mantel. This particular Barn Door is about 28 inches tall and 20 inches wide.
I measured my length, keeping the tops of the board even. I then drew a line across all six boards. This would be my cut line. After determining how wide the boards would be, I measured and cut two cross bars.
The diagonal piece was a little more challenging. I laid the board out where it would be placed and marked lines on the sides to correspond to where it met the cross bars. From there, I could draw a line on the top of the board, by lining up those side marks. By using a protractor, I was able to determine the angle of each cut for my Miter Saw.
The next step was to nail it all together with the nail gun and air compressor. Wow! I loved how it turned out. We also made the "He Is Risen" sign with Amy Howard at Home paint in "Graphic" and "Linen". All our signs are trimmed out in pallet wood.
Easter Mantle / Barn Door Decoration Ideas:
Small Barn Door
Crown of Thorns - We bought this several years ago from Family Christian Stores.
"He Is Risen" Wood Sign - This is from a line of signs we make for ReNue Home Studio.
Mirror - Southern Living
Votives - My husband made these for me the first Christmas we had been dating.
Greenery - Craft store.
Glass Votive - Craft Store.
The Barn Door is easy to change out for the seasons. Later I can add a Boxwood Wreath or a mirror. The possibilities are fun to think about.
We'd love to see how you decorate for Easter. Send us your pics.
Blessings on this Easter Season. He is Risen! He is Risen, indeed!
Anna
You can check out more Easter Decorating and Craft ideas on our Pinterest page. We'd love for you to follow us there.

To see more: http://www.renuehomestudio.com/#!DIY-Easter-Mantel-Barn-Door-Decoration-Ideas/c23rm/56e09d310cf20a305778914c