Brenda B
Brenda B
  • Harmonsburg, PA
Asked on Apr 14, 2012

Does anyone have any primitive rooms you have done?

Tina ScobeeMartha CousinsCulpepper Carpets and Interiors, Inc.
+4

• I my career as a older home specialist, I have done many styles of room remodels including some that I would never post on my website due to my clients unique tastes. I have never had anyone ask for a primitive room. Could you explain what a primitive room looks like?

• Brenda B

Check out the Magazine Country Sampler or refer to books by Judy Condon. I wish I could explain better but here goes. It's homey, lived in and decorated with furniture and accessories which have story to tell. A lot of reproductions can be found as the original furningings are priced out of sight.

• Thanks for the insight Brenda. You are speaking about a decorating style. I'm sure that I have had clients that subscribed to this style, especially amoungst some of the historic homes that I have worked with. I hope others have more to contribute on this subject. I would love to learn more.

• Brenda B

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas.

• I cut my teeth on this style!

• Martha Cousins

Hey Brenda! I've been doing some sewing for a client who loves primitive and does it well -- at least I think so! We took an old crazy quilt and used it to make a table runner for her farm house table, and we used it to recover the cushions on her mission-style rocker. I made her some burlap curtain panels and roman shades, and some homespun valances with red and black (her colors) embroidered accents. I'll try to find some pictures if you're interested.

• Tina Scobee

prim bedroom

, my bedroom
  • See More