Why are my cucumber and cantaloupe leaves spotted?

+5
This is my first experience of having a raised bed garden. I chose a cinder block garden and am trying my best to make it an organic endeavor. I made my own soil mix consisting of compost/manure, organic gardening soil, peat moss, and organic soil conditioner.
In one of my garden beds, I planted lemon cucumbers and cantaloupes from seed. Everything had been going well. The cucumbers hadn't produced any flowers yet but they were growing and climbing their trellis. The cantaloupe had developed blooms. Two days after I made this wonderful observation, I watched my bed become destroyed. I've researched and I can't figure out what the problem is.
This was my cleanest bed. Butterflies and bees visited frequently. I have marigolds planted around the bed. I used Epsom salt once because I read that the soil could be missing a nutrient that was turning the leaves yellow and that it would boost fruit production. I don't know what else to do. Even if I lose this crop, I still want to know what is wrong before I plant anything else in there for the fall.
Thanks!
Libby
why are my cucumber and cantaloupe leaves spotted, flowers, gardening, raised garden beds, This is my bed for the lemon cucumbers and cantaloupe
This is my bed for the lemon cucumbers and cantaloupe.
why are my cucumber and cantaloupe leaves spotted, flowers, gardening, raised garden beds, Cantaloupe leaves staked on two trellesis
Cantaloupe leaves staked on two trellesis.
why are my cucumber and cantaloupe leaves spotted, flowers, gardening, raised garden beds, Lemon cucumber leaves
Lemon cucumber leaves.
why are my cucumber and cantaloupe leaves spotted, flowers, gardening, raised garden beds, Blooms on the cantaloupe
Blooms on the cantaloupe.
why are my cucumber and cantaloupe leaves spotted, flowers, gardening, raised garden beds, Cantaloupe leaves staked on two trellises
Cantaloupe leaves staked on two trellises.
why are my cucumber and cantaloupe leaves spotted, flowers, gardening, raised garden beds, This is the beginning of the spotted yellow leaf action Now all of the cantaloupe plants are affected and the bottom rows of cucumber plants
This is the beginning of the spotted, yellow-leaf action. Now, all of the cantaloupe plants are affected and the bottom rows of cucumber plants.