Asked on Nov 17, 2013

I Love these Mason Jar Snow globes what should I charge?

Polly ZieperKitchen KelliJulie Moyna
+6

I spotted these lovely Snow Globe Mason for sale and I ADORE them! So since I am obsessed with all things mason and Christmas I will make some. But what should I charge? The small one is $19.95 and the large one is $29.95. Does that sound good please let me know your suggestions. Thanks
Three vintage mason jar snow globes
A large jar
The small jar
  • Mary Insana
    Mary Insana

I think those prices are on the high side. Some people that are not crafty may pay that much. Anyone that is crafty can get the items and easily put it together. To determine how much to charge you should add up the cost of your materials and put a hourly price on your time. See how long it takes to make one use that for your labor time and then at least triple it. So for example if materials and time is $5 then charge $15. This is only a suggestion that someone had told me a while back.

• Julie Moyna
    Julie Moyna

I agree with Mary...love the blue but not really christmas color...more like Hanukkah.

• Kitchen Kelli
    Kitchen Kelli

I have collected antique Mason Jars for years and currently in our part of the country (the mid-south region) the jars are going for $6-8 - small to big sized - at estate sales and flea markets. So, given what you've added to the jars and where you purchased them also how much time it took would indicate $10 - $15. You may get more in Florida where you live but I'm not sure.......Good luck!

• Polly Zieper
    Polly Zieper

This would be SUCH a cool project for an art teacher to do with students!!!(I'm an elem. school teacher...)