How To Roll Plastic Shopping Bags

230K Views
Everyone has that 1 spot in their house that holds all the plastic shopping bags. For me, it's under the sink. I stuff them all in there until I need one then they all come flying out. What a disaster. I decided it was time to learn how to roll them into a space-saving dispenser! Heres how -
Time: 10 MinutesCost: $0Difficulty: Easy
We want to help you DIY, so some of the materials in this post are linked to sellers. Just so you know, Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
  • how to roll plastic shopping bags, how to
First, you fold the bag in half and press all the air out.
Next, you line the bags up. This is the important part - only let the handle from the second bag overlap the first bag. This is what will give you the dispensing effect.
You then fold the top handle back and begin to roll down.
You continue to roll and line the bags up, rolling downward only letting the handles overlap.
Finally, you should have something that looks like this!
My roll fit perfectly into an empty clorox container. I snapped the lid off, inserted the bags through the notches and replaced the cap.
It's so easy! I just sit in front of the TV and roll the bags every so often. It saves SO much space under my sink and not to mention it looks nicer.
Check out the video below to watch me roll the bags!

Suggested materials for this project:

Prices updated as of May 23, 2018 11:39 PM - More infoHometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.