How could I remove chewing gum from clothes?

+12
I was wearing a new dress, and ended up with yellow chewing gum from underneath a table. I have tried ice cubes, freezing it and using a removal spray. Please help
  • Hillela G. Hillela G. on Feb 22, 2017
    Oh no! THat's so frustrating!!tryone of the solutions from here http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Gum-from-Clothes
    • William William on Feb 22, 2017
      Seems there's a problem with the site! Links are not showing up properly.
  • Mary Liegel Mary Liegel on Feb 22, 2017
    Test a spot under hem first to be sure the fabric is color safe. I have used nail polish remover and a piece of cotton ball. (Got it out of fabric and also off of carpet.) But be sure it real cotton ball..not synsethic. Works better if its real cotton ball. Work from outside to center of gum and it should come off. Be sure you are not wearing nail polish when you do this or you will have a real mess.
  • Janet Pizaro Janet Pizaro on Feb 22, 2017
    Maybe try the reverse and use an iron and cloth since the ice cubes did not work.
  • Lcs12956675 Lcs12956675 on Feb 23, 2017
    Try putting peanutbutter on the gum.
  • Ginny Ginny on Feb 24, 2017
    I have been told that rubbing ice cubes on the gum hardens the gum and you can then peel it off.
  • Mar17969580 Mar17969580 on Feb 24, 2017
    I had that happen to me twice, I got so annoyed people just can't wrap it up and put it in the bin. I also tried the ice cubes, and some eucalyptus oil, or tea tree oil it should peel off
  • Dolyce Wood Dolyce Wood on Feb 24, 2017
    Goop Off or lighter fluid
  • Sharlyn Waldrop Sharlyn Waldrop on Feb 25, 2017
    Try using ice
  • Joe Eichberger Joe Eichberger on Feb 26, 2017
    I'm still trying to find out what these ladies were doing UNDER the table....OR if they have a sister....

• Phyllis Massey Phyllis Massey on Feb 26, 2017
    Have you tried GOO GONE ? I love it and have not found anything it cannot get out Phyllis
    phyllismassey87832gmail.com
  • SandyK SandyK on Feb 28, 2017
    Use full-strength Lestoil: First get as much gum off as you can with the ice cubes. Then, cover the gum with the Lestoil cleaner and let sit for a few minutes, then wash the dress as usual. If it doesn't come out the first time, repeat. Lestoil has taken grease, crayon, gum, etc. out of clothes for me.
    • FRED RIGGS FRED RIGGS on Mar 03, 2017
      try spraying with mineral spirits or soaking the spot. That should loosen it, scrape it with a dull knife or spoon, then wash it twice or dryclean. Tell drycleaner what you did and when and what you used, so he doesn't use something that will cause damage on top of your attempts.
  • Chana Chana on Apr 21, 2017
    This just happened to me last week :/ But I mistakenly put the skirt in the wash right away, which means that now it's even more difficult to get the remaining bits of gum out.. does anyone know what to do in this case?
  • Betty Wardlow Ross Betty Wardlow Ross on Apr 22, 2017
    Use WD 40