The Village Cape
The Village Cape
  • Hamburg, NY

Budget Kitchen Renovation--Cape Cod Modern Farmhouse

After 14 years with wood tone cabinets and years of scrubbing stained floor grout🙈🙈 with little success in our high traffic kitchen, it was time for a change! I love the new look....so light, bright and airy!! The best part is that it cost under $100!!

budget kitchen renovation cape cod modern farmhouse

I couldn't be happier with the results!!!

Before....

We added some molding to the top of the cabinets for a more custom look! I scrubbed the cabinets down with hot water & dish soap with a bit of white vinegar added using a green scrub pad. After they dried I did a light sanding and a good wipe down then applied one coat of primer/sealer. We used Zinsser 123 because it's what we already had on hand.

We used Valspar Cabinet paint from Lowes custom colored to the Home Depot Glidden paint color in Pebble Grey ...This is my current favorite paint color!! Using a small roller to apply the paint we were able to achieve a beautiful stroke free finish!! I painted the beadboard backslash white to freshen it up.

I also recolored my old dirty floor grout with Grout Refresh...also from Lowes in Light Grey! You simply paint it on with a craft brush and wipe off the excess! It's like a miracle product!! I did it over 3 days in smaller sections because its time consuming and difficult with our large family in such a high traffic area. Totally worth it!

Before.....

Under $100 for a fresh....clean...updated look!
Find us on Instagram or Facebook at The Village Cape to see more of our home!🤗

• Pal31386531

can you apply Grout Refresh over the old grout? around tub? in the shower?

• Mr S

What color did you use? Thanks
    • Mr S

I also like how you guys lower the cost of the paint by having valspar reproduce glidden’s color. Clever 🎄😎
  • Shawn

How did you redo the countertops?

• The Village Cape

Hi, our counters are wood with a sheet laminate top(not my favorite), but is inexpensive and matches the asthetic for now. The wood face allowed us to paint it. I may be trying to concrete them this winter. We shall see how that turns out!🤷🏻‍♀️