Asked on Apr 23, 2017

How can I get rid of white spot on table ?

Michelle LeslieFlorida BeachpotatoElaine
+5

I set a hot paper plate on my kitchen table, now there is a white spot there. Tried old English & Pledge , still there.
    Janet Pizaro

Try using plain white toothpaste or any product with a oily substance,rub in a circular motion with a soft cloth.
    William

Make sure the cloth is damp when using the white toothpaste.
  • Lpc22270724
    Lpc22270724

my sister told me to try using a hair dryer on the spot. I was skeptical - but it worked on my table, and on my floor where I had placed a damp flower pot that left a ring
  • Peggy
    Peggy

Try using silver polish, or mayonnaise.
  • Elaine
    Elaine

I would use mayonnaise but I have heard of a person using an iron put on medium setting with a towel underneath. If the table was marble, then I'd use toothpaste.
    • Shirley Heikkinen
      Shirley Heikkinen

I agree with Elaine! I bought a very large Christmas cactus and displayed it on one of our new end tables. I was dismayed to find a white mark there when I moved it. A bit of mayonnaise on a soft rag, rubbed in thoroughly, then all excess removed with a clean rag, and no one would ever know there had been a mark there. I was very relieved to see the table wasn't permanently damaged.
  • Florida Beachpotato
    Florida Beachpotato

Mayo made the spot darker, terrible. Be careful.
  • Michelle Leslie
    Michelle Leslie

Hi there, pour a small amount of olive oil in a bowl, and add about 2 tablespoons of table salt Wrap a small clean cloth around your finger and dip it in in the oil/salt solution and very lightly rub it in a circular motion over the white spots. Let it sit for a few minutes and then take a clean cloth and gently wipe it off. The white spots should disappear.