Asked on Apr 27, 2017

What perennials will bloom from summer to fall?

Theresa ShearerAnneAflowerchild
+12

Also, any suggestions for a flower bed plan...which flower to plant with another flower. Thanks for any info.
  • Mandycat8888

Sunpatiens!
  • Cat

i like purple coneflower (echinacea), english daisies, coreopsis, and lavender
  • Mary

dahlias (bulbs) will do this. all colors of coneflower will bloom. Monarda (bee balm).
  • Dma12528456

QVC sells a line of plants they call perpetual perennials that are supposed to stay in bloom all summer long. You can probably find them at qvc.com.
  • Richardstarling

Not sure how much time and money you want to put in so I found some different perennial flower garden plans and ideas for you to explore. 17 Best ideas about flower garden plans on www.pinterest.com. It will give you heights, placement and spacing ideas. As for soil Mushroom Compost (Black Velvet) in place of your garden soil or mixed half and half. You can get the mushroom compost from any Lowes or Walmart very reasonable priced.
  • Theresa Shearer

Thanks so much Richard!
  • Aflowerchild

I use ‎Lamium maculate, or Dead nettle, around my back porch and as a filler in my perennial beds. It really does bloom the entire summer, one of the first to start blooming in the spring. (Changed my banner & profile picture to it). Use this purple the most, but I also have pink & yellow. Yellow doesn't bloom as profusely. I'm zone 6b (SW PA). This takes full sun as well as shade.
  • Theresa Shearer

The flowers are beautiful! Thanks so much.
  • Anne

Sage and lavender are my favorites. Coreopsis is another.
  • Anne

You are welcome. There are several different kinds of lavender. I like it all but Hidcote is my favorite for the scent.
  • Theresa Shearer

Will keep those on my list. Thank you!