Jo
Jo
Asked on Apr 30, 2017

Any ideas for a budget friendly update on this brick fireplace?

Delaine CorleyJoMvw22684674
+9

going for beachy look
floor will be light wood look laminate
gray paint
was thinking medium gray stacked stone
any ideas on hearth materials?
should I try to add something to the right or accessorize to balance?
q fireplace update
boring living room brick fireplace
  • Carol Hougaboom Holman

Driftwood, Netting or large rope wrapped on a tall post like on a pier, find large ot all items. you have a lot of wall space. I could see a large piece of fish net draped down the wall from the opening. And large drift wood along with the net. Hang "stuff " on the net or leave empty. I think rope covers posts would look great on the hearth. Good luck . Post after pictures.

• Claire naish

Gold / silver mirror. Large enough to look opulent and reflect other Hamptons items in the room?
  • Dana

shiplap the wall? Get rid of that fake plant too. Dusty up there close up that hole. Then you can hang a nice painting of the shore. Just my idea.
  • Jo

shiplap is a great choice.
    We're in process of demo right now. Former owners left that lonely plant. Also thinkinking of closing the opening off.
    Thanks
  • Adluv41

yes ship lap in white, close up opening and a lovely watercolor of the beach
  • Kathy

I think perhaps shiplap removable wallpaper. Easy to use and remove. And perhaps a large round starburst mirror with driftwood. Some candles with shells. I would fill in the opening in the upper right hand corner and paper over it with the ship lap paper
  • Jo

I'll check out the wallpaper 😀
  • Mvw22684674

I would repaint the brick in a milk type paint that you can sand off and make distressed. A new mantle is sort of a must. I would also close in that hole and do multi- family pictures above it with some eclectic frames.
  • Jo

Thanks. I'm flipping this home with my 34 year old son. I dont think he's going to go for milk paint. I love the idea.
  • Delaine Corley

Maybe a mosaic of shells/beach glass framed above...