I need to restuff my non removable sofa cushions?

+2
How do I stuff them?

• Kathy Shouse Brown Kathy Shouse Brown on Jun 23, 2017
    I found this on Hunker.com Step by step how to for you. Hope it helps, sounds like a lot of work but if you have the time would save you from buying a new sofa.
    Step 1
    Spread open the crack behind the couch cushions. Cut along the crack as deeply as possible in a location where it is the least noticeable. Spread the fabric apart and look inside the couch. Sever the couch cushions from their interior attachments if necessary.
    Step 2
    Slide a plywood board the same size as the seat of the couch in through the hole in the fabric and underneath the cushions. Arrange the plywood so that it is evenly situated and cannot be felt by someone sitting on the couch. Cut the plywood smaller if necessary so it does not protrude beyond the cushions.
    Step 3
    Close the cut in the fabric by securing it with safety pins along the length of the cut then shove the cut deeply into the crack behind the cushions and pin it down to make it less noticeable.

Replacing the Couch Fabric
    Step 4
    Flip the couch upside down and pull all of the staples out of the base, ripping any seams if necessary or cutting the fabric with scissors to remove it. Continue to remove the fabric from the entire couch by pulling staples, ripping seams and cutting fabric. Pull up the cushions, cutting them from their attachments if necessary and slide a plywood board the same size as the cushion area underneath the cushions.
    Step 5
    Spread out the fabric and measure it. Cut a new piece of fabric for the couch that is at least one full yard larger than the old fabric. Lower it over the couch and loosely position it so that it covers the entire couch. Attach it in the cracks around the cushions with staples while stretching the fabric tightly.
    Step 6
    Continue to stretch the fabric taut over the sides, front and back of the couch, stapling whenever possible in inconspicuous areas. Flip over the couch and staple the fabric to the base of the couch about 2 inches in from the edge all the way around, stapling every 4 inches. Cut out any extra fabric with the scissors.
  • Phyllis Ferri Santilli Phyllis Ferri Santilli on Jun 23, 2017
    Thanks but it sounds like too much to handle. I just want to somehow blow stuffing in the attached cushions?
  • Bucko2000 Bucko2000 on Jun 24, 2017
    My cushions have a zipper at the bottom. I unzip and push the stuffing up. Then add more to the bottom. It gets messy because of static cling, but they get stuffed. My dog likes to sit on the top of the couch so I punch them from the bottom up to fluff.
  • Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Jun 25, 2017
    Does youey community college, or special needs adult enrichment job placement have an upholstery class? They might do work like that as a teaching tool.
  • James Stephenson James Stephenson on Dec 31, 2017
    Search for the last place in the construction process. You will probably have to put the sofa on its back. Hopefully the cushions are just stapled shut. Carefully remove the staples put in the new stuffing and restaple with a heavy duty stapler.