Gina Fertitta
Gina Fertitta
  • Greensboro, NC
Asked on Jun 23, 2017

How can I remove burn marks from the oven door?

Sharon DruzinJudith CondosColleen Walsh
+4

I have brown marks on my white door, right on top, from when I cleaned the inside of the oven. No cleaner I have tried will remove it. Is there a way to get rid of it?

• Susan Alex

I don't know if this will work, but I use a paste of baking soda. I let it sit for a few minutes and then rub. It is so good for all sorts of pans that have burned on foods etc. I use it for laundry stairs, and most everything. Hope it works.

• C. D. Scallan

What have you tried ? I would try a magic eraser (the original), a little vinegar on a clean towel and if don't work, baking soda on half of a lemon .

• Dianacirce70

I was going to suggest the baking soda paste. Also Bar Keeper's Friend is amazing. You just need to make sure you get it all off before using the oven again, or it will smell

• Colleen Walsh

LA's Totally Awesome cleaner (yellow color) works for me. You can buy at Dollar Tree or Dollar General.

• Judith Condos

Just a suggestion, I use a paste made of cream of tartar , now I have not tried mixing baking soda with that mixture. The cream of tartar paste should be left on for 5 minutes, use a Scrub Daddy that you should use before putting it in any hot water! The colder the Scrub Daddy the better the stain can be hopefully erased. Scrub Daddy is found on QVC, very reasonably priced, cream of tartar is very low priced at any grocery.. it will not scratch the surface as to damage it!

• Sharon Druzin

I used the original magic eraser! Worked liked a charm !