Would love suggestions for remodeling fireplace/mirror wall.

+7
I love the feeling of space and light from the i teraction if mirror and skylight, but would like to update the look. Cathedral ceiling makes this so very difficult to keep clean!
q would love suggestions for remodeling fireplace mirror wall
  • Seethebeauty Seethebeauty on Jul 01, 2017
    Have to go with...shiplap! and pictures or such. My mom actually has a similar wall behind her fireplace and used her mantle for family photos and bought complimentary portraits to hang in an artful way. Now, she didn't use shiplap, but she didn't ask me...haha...The artwork was very interesting though.
    • Michele Michele on Jul 01, 2017
      I was thinking of installing a mantelpiece, and shiplap would provide texture....something to consider, thank you.
  • B J  Alexis B J Alexis on Jul 01, 2017
    Is that a tapestry? In any case it is too small for the space to be used as a stand alone on the wall. Choose a specific height not to go above as high up as your ladder will safely reach and make a collection of larger different sized pictures, posters, mirrors, photos, whatever is preferred, both horizontal and vertical, as far across the wall as is comfortable for viewing. The room would also appear more uniform if the lampshades matched, as it is they tend to standout and emphasize a certain awkwardness in the arrangement.
    • Michele Michele on Jul 01, 2017
      The tapestry is on another wall - reflected in the mirror. That is not an area I am working on right now. I am not seeking help with decor per se, but simply looking for an idea to cover the mirror & update the fireplace. Thanks for your input!
  • Xtr27014063 Xtr27014063 on Jul 02, 2017
    i would suggest a stone paneling to replace the mirror such as below, add a mantle they gave kits that the one below and then hang decorative pictures or frames
    good luck and have fun
  • Carol Cole Carol Cole on Apr 10, 2018
    SHIP-Lap