I dropped some hair-dye on toilet seat (molded plastic)- help!

+12
Any ideas how to remove stain before I buy a new one! Thank you

• C. D. Scallan C. D. Scallan on Jul 03, 2017
    Have you tried comet liquid spray with bleach ? Have you tried peroxide ? How about rubbing alcohol ? Or powdered comet?
  • William William on Jul 03, 2017
    You can try some nail polish remover but it may also remove the glossy finish. Mix a little water with baking soda to make a slurry and rub the stain with a cloth. Try substituting hydrogen peroxide with the baking soda. You can also try spraying hair spray on the stain and wipe off. White toothpaste (not gel) on a damp cloth rubbing in a circular motion.
  • Brenda Brenda on Jul 03, 2017
    Oh, oh. Good luck with that. You might have to invest in a new one.
  • Have you tried rubbing alcohol yet?
  • Jan Clark Jan Clark on Jul 03, 2017
    Hair dye on plastic is a disaster. Get a new one.
  • Kmdreamer Kmdreamer on Jul 04, 2017
    try bleach on a cloth soaked and let sit
  • Bkl23578862 Bkl23578862 on Jul 20, 2017
    Thanks... will try
  • Betsy sullivan Betsy sullivan on Feb 12, 2020

I used Clorox Cleaner + Bleach. It totally worked. I sprayed a little on each spot, let it sit for 15-20 minutes, and the spots are gone.

• Jenny Jenny on May 18, 2020

This just happened to me. I used Bon Ami cleanser and a Magic Eraser. Worked right away with no soaking.

• Ashley Snyder Ashley Snyder on Aug 13, 2020

Magic eraser , bleach and a plastic scouring pad ! I got hair bleach powder that was mixed with 40 volume developer on my white toilet . My toilet seat is also not plastic it is wood but painted and glazed to look like a hard plastic . Anyway . This bleach has been on there for weeks ...at least 3 . I didn’t think it was a big deal so didn’t hurry and try to wipe it off. Well obviously that caused an issue . You need to dip you magic eraser in some bleach , and then you need to wipe the stain. Then you need to scrub hard with the plastic scouring pad ....first one one directions and then in the opposite . Circular motions work best . Then scrub again wit the magic eraser . Keep doing this back and forth until it’s gone .

see photos . Took me just a few minutes ...like 10.

• Patty Patty on Aug 13, 2020

Use Bon Ami

• Kierstin Kierstin on Sep 02, 2020

Rubbing alcohol and baking soda!